Monday, December 8, 2008

After each meal....

You know how when you were a kid you would go into the bathroom and suck the bubble gum flavored toothpaste off your toothbrush and call it done? I miss those days.

When I was a teenager, I was an adamant 2+ a day brusher. No less and more if there was a social engagement. I stayed this way until I was preggers with #1. Then, every time I put that toothbrush in my mouth, I would gag my way through my hygiene ritual. I was so confident about everything in that pregnancy, that I knew the reflex would go back to its old abilities. And you know what? It did!

Then I had baby #2.

My gag reflex went berserk again and I soldiered through it but this time, everything was different. I was having a girl, I was much smaller and I actually had weird pregnancy aversions. Like bread grossed me out hardcore. And some of those weird pregnancy things stayed (fear not, I devour bread again).

Needless to say, I don't like to brush as often. I still aim for 2 times a day, but there are times when my husband will ask, "Um, aren't you going to brush your teeth before we go to sleep?" And I seriously have to weigh the consequences. Because gagging for 2 minutes is really no fun.

Maybe I should just go brush with the kids. They have this Fruit Punch flavored toothpaste that smells so tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have my undivided attention.