Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Throes of Death...by Embarrassment

I live in an area with a LOT of old people. And I love old people. Though not so much driving behind them because I am usually late. But today, they killed me.

My in-laws were here for the weekend and we had a really good time but I am pooped! They left this morning, I made pancakes and decreed it Pajama Day. So now, about 4 in the afternoon, an elderly couple comes to my door (up a 1/3 mile long driveway) to tell me the buzzards are eating the cow food in the field (that is not mine) in front of my house. I am in pajamas and they do not seem to approve. Also, my dog managed to chew up something white into teeny, tiny pieces all over my grass. The woman looked at me, looked at all the pieces and literally SHOOK HER HEAD. "Women these days" you could hear her thinking.

Yes, I have been shamed into dressing. And also getting off the computer. But not before sharing. Because that is how I roll.

1 comment:

  1. And I am in my pjs, at my computer, whilst dirty dishes languish in my sink. My tablecloth needs washing as there's frosting all over it. I should be running my dishwasher, but I'm not. I'm enjoying some tea and the internet. Deal with it, old people. Some things are just more important than the chores that have to be done. Serious thought coming now...

    If someone stopped by that woman's house unexpectedly and she had dishes or whatever to do, would she tell the visitor to go away, or would she just laugh and let them in, presuming that human interaction is more valuable and important than chores? For our generation, that is sometimes what the internet is--that human interaction that can be more important than chores. It's just the difference between face-to-face and technological interactions. So, truly, if we neglect the internet to do our chores, aren't we being rude to our friends (if we follow the previous line of logic)? So isn't the internet a socially acceptable and really important reason to not do housework? I choose to believe so. (Please don't disillusion me!)

    ReplyDelete

You have my undivided attention.