Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A story of blog-love

Something I have figured out is that as a blogger, I follow other's blogs. Often for inspiration but always because I am interested in the subject. Cupcakes Take the Cake is one of those blogs that I watch for both inspiration and because it is so, way cool. Cupcakes made in every shape, style and flavor AND they have addresses to the best bakeries in America. I am planning a trip to NYC based off of a blog about tiny cupcakes. For realz.

Recently, Stacie (one of the ladies that does the cupcake leg work) did a sliced strawberry throw down. She was looking to see what preserves sliced strawberries best. However, she was frustrated because she couldn't find a product called Fruit Fresh to really round out her throw down.

And this is where I come in. See, here in Walmart-ville, Walmarts maybe create Fruit Fresh as a by-product to stealing our souls. Or they just carry it. Whatever. My great-grandma used it for as long as I can remember and it just seemed like a staple thing fruit lovers had access to. I thought it was a crime that Stacie couldn't find this helpful fruit sprinkle and so I sent an email and an offer. And she accepted my offer and now SHE HAS FRUIT FRESH! Yay!

Perhaps I am more excited because I had the opportunity to reach out and touch someone I have always respected from afar. And I hope to not make her regret giving me her email. But I can't make any promises. I might have a crush.

1 comment:

  1. I've sent quite a few emails to Jez. I'm sure if I got a reply, I'd post it somewhere online and squeal a LOT.

    On a related "I met someone sorta kinda a little famous" note, I met Michelle Duggar and several of her children. Story to follow when I see you next (see, an incentive to see me!!).

    ReplyDelete

You have my undivided attention.